Want to get together with like-minded people in your community?
From service issues to finding out what activities are happening in your area – there are already several existing groups operating within MSV communities. If you’re interested to find out which groups are active in your community please get in touch and we will tell you where your nearest one is. Active groups are currently running in:
- Manchester (Abbey Hey, Didsbury, Longsight, Moss Side, Whalley Range)
- Clitheroe (Barrowbrook, Tower Hill)
- Salford (Little Hulton)
- Stockport (Bredbury, Bramhall)
- Tameside (Carrbrook)
If there isn’t a group in your area and you’re keen to get one started, we’d love to hear from you and help make it happen.
MSV are committed to supporting Resident Associations operating in our communities. We’re on hand to provide help, support and assistance, ensuring sustainability and signpost to training and funding opportunities.
Resident Associations/Groups receive an annual grant to help with running costs of their individual group. For example:
- Resident Associations/Group: £200 (Hold regular public meetings and are running projects/events and work with partners to address issues)
- Social Group: £50 (Groups providing weekly sessions (example: tea & toast, quizzes in schemes with existing support on site)
- NEW GROUP: £200 (start up grant for all Social groups, RA’s and Home Watch groups, who constitute as an official group)
To find out if there is an active group near you or to set up a new group please contact Resident Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org