Find an MSV Home

MSV is a social landlord with a range of homes across the North West.

We manage and build affordable homes for people who need them and work with communities and partners to maintain sustainable neighbourhoods. From us, you can expect a home which is affordable, warm, safe and secure.

Standard of New Homes from MSV

You can read our new home lettable standard here which includes information on how your new home will be:

  • Safe, with services in good working order 
  • Secure 
  • Clean and in a reasonable condition 
  • Complies with legal and safety requirements 

Allocations Policy 

You can read our allocations policy here which includes information on:

  • Who can apply for an MSV Home
  • How you go about applying for a home
  • How we treat applications from vulnerable people
  • Property size and criteria
  • Our approach to pets and children

You can read our Empty Homes Policy here which includes information on:

  • How MSV delivers its void property service to all MSV owned and managed homes
  • What is classed as an empty home
  • How we will provide an efficient empty home service
  • How we will ensure our homes are safe and of a high standard when we let to new customers

Growth Strategy

  • Identify where new homes will be built.
  • Outline the Number, Type and Tenure of the homes to be built.
  • Outline the type and quality of the new homes.
  • Explain how we will deliver on our growth plans.
  • Identify how these new homes will be marketed and how we will brand them.

Read the full strategy

For further information, please contact:

Apply for a rented home

Simply select the area you want to live in from the drop down box below to find out how you can apply for a home.

We offer brand new spacious, warm and beautifully designed homes.

MSV homes are available on a range of shared ownership and rent to buy options across the North West via our SnugBug website.

Visit our SnugBug website for shared ownership homes

If you are already a Shared Owner and would like more information about Staircasing, please follow the link here

For more information, please contact our Growth Team on

We provide supported housing to vulnerable people across 17 different Local Authorities in Greater Manchester.

If you or someone you know would like more information on supported housing, please find out more here or email us on

We provide a wide range of housing designed to specifically meet the needs of older people.

Our later-living homes are designed and built to offer independent living for people older than 55, including people living with a disability who may be younger than 55 years old.

Our properties are available in:

  • Bolton
  • Manchester
  • Salford
  • Rochdale
  • Longridge
  • Warrington

In some circumstances we accept people under 60 years old, so please enquire and find out more here.


We provide safe and secure homes for young people in our Foyers aged between 16 and 25, for up to two years.

We also offer support to enable young people to become independent with the support to take up their own tenancy or University place.

We work closely with the National House Project to provide accommodation and support for care experienced young people leaving care.

We have:-

  • 3 Foyers (in Trafford, Manchester and Blackburn)
  • 2 schemes for care experienced young people (in Manchester)
  • Properties to buy for first time buyers (see our SnugBug website)

Find out more about our fantastic young people’s services here

We have a limited number of properties available to rent on RightMove.

To view the properties we have available for rent, please visit our listings on Rightmove.

If there are no properties currently listed, please check back soon.

Mutual Exchange is for social housing tenants in a rented property who want to swop their house or flat.

If you currently live in an MSV property you are eligible for the House Exchange scheme.

As an MSV Housing tenant, you are entitled to free membership on the House Exchange website. Simply register on the House Exchange website and you will receive possible matches by email or text message.

If you have found another tenant you wish to exchange with you will need to contact your Neighbourhood Officer who will explain the process.

Visit the House Exchange website or read this leaflet for more information

You can read our mutual exchange policy here



MSV does not hold a transfer list, any tenants requiring a move will need to apply through their local choice-based lettings (CBL). 

You can find out who your CBL is here.

There are a small number of exceptional circumstanaces where we will move people as follows: 

  • Urgent medical – This will need to be evidenced by a medical professional such as consultant or occupational therapist
  • Threat of violence – eg Domestic Abuse cases
  • Serious harassment/ASB 

Please refer to our Community Safety pages for details on how to report hate crime, domestic abuse or anti-social behaviour.

Some exceptions may apply so please get in touch to speak to a member of the team.

Have You Thought About Rightsizing?

Rightsizing is the process of understanding how you live in your home, uncluttering your life, and then moving to a new space (often smaller than your previous one) in which you can fully utilise each room, reduce your monthly outgoings, improve your health and wellbeing and increase social connections.

To make things easier for you if you choose to move house, MSV offer services to help:-

MSV's Helping Hands Service

We offer a dedicated officer with support service tailor made to our customer requirements such as decluttering and transferring services to your new address.

Flourish Homes Removal Service

We have partnered with a specialist removal firm to assist with packing and removals and will support residents with an individual moving plan.

Find out more here