There may come a time when you feel you are ready to obtain ownership of your property, this is possible for some tenants under the ‘Right to Acquire’ policy.
If you live in a property that is in the Right to Acquire Scheme and you are also an eligible tenant then you can receive a discount of £9,000- £10,000 off the purchase of your home.
Who can apply
- You have been a tenant with us (or another Registered Provider) for 5 years
- The property must have been built after 1st April 1997
- The property must be your only/main home with no shared living space
- You must be able to secure a mortgage and pay the legal fees for the purchase
Who can’t apply
- You are being made bankrupt or owe money
- Your property is geared for a particular type of tenant e.g. people over 60, special needs or those with physical disabilities
- Your property is intended to be demolished within 7 years
You can get a discount on your property based on which Local Authority you live in. Nearly all of Mosscare St Vincent’s RTA properties are eligible for £9,000 discounts except those who live in the Manchester, Trafford and Ribble Valley areas which have a £10,000 discount.
For more information please contact the Development Team either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check eligibility.
If your property is eligible and you wish to exercise your Right to Acquire, please click here to complete an application form.