Sell my Home

If you decide to sell your Shared Ownership property, the process is a little different.

Firstly, you will need to obtain a valuation from a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) qualified surveyor.

You will need to pay for this valuation. We will need to approve the valuation and sales literature before you start marketing your home.

Under certain leases, there are specific criteria for who you are able to sell your home to e.g. first option to local people. It is important that you check your lease before instructing estate agents to market your home.

To increase your options, you are advised to advertise your resale shared ownership property with the local 'Help to Buy' agent who retain a list of interested purchasers. For the North West area, this is Homeshub.