Welfare Reform

“The government is making (and has already made) big changes to working-age benefits since 2013. Changes such as the “Bedroom Tax”- reducing Housing Benefit for working age tenants with ‘extra’ bedrooms, and Universal Credit – where all payments, including those to cover your rent- are made monthly directly to you.

Some of these changes might make it more difficult for you to pay your rent. Remember - your rent is your responsibility, but we're to help if you are having money worries. We can also help you with checking benefit entitlement, Bedroom Tax, mutual exchanges, transfers, or applications for Discretionary Housing Payments. 

You can contact our Customer Support Team on  

The government has lots of useful information on their website regarding Universal Credit and other changes - take a look here