From 31 December Lancashire, Cheshire (including Warrington), and Greater Manchester moved into the Government's COVID Tier 4.
Here is a full summary of what these restrictions mean:-
- people must not leave their home or garden unless they have a ‘reasonable excuse’ including where reasonably necessary for work, education, exercise or open-air recreation and essential activities such as medical appointments and to buy food
- people must not meet socially indoors, in a private garden or most outdoor public venues with anybody they do not live with or have a support bubble with. Everyone who can work from home should do so
- people can see only one other person that they do not live with (or do not have a support bubble with) in certain public outdoor places – such as parks, public gardens, or outdoor sports facilities
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees – 6 people can attend wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions are not allowed, 30 people can attend funeral ceremonies, 6 people can attend linked commemorative events
- accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, holiday lets and guest houses must close, other than where very limited exceptions apply
- hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha bars), pubs, cafes, restaurants, and social clubs must close except for takeaway, delivery, drive-through and click and collect services. Takeaway must cease between 11pm and 5am, but delivery, drive-through and click-and-collect may continue during this period. This includes restaurants and bars within hotels or members’ clubs'
- indoor entertainment venues, such as casinos, bowling alleys, and bingo halls must close. Cinemas, theatres, and concert venues must also close
- certain outdoor venues, such as botanical gardens, heritage sites, and zoos and other animal attractions may stay open, although indoor elements at these attractions must also close
- all indoor leisure and sports facilities must close except where a legal exemption exists, such as for the training of elite sportspersons
From Wednesday 6th January, we will be moving to emergency repairs and prioritising existing repairs only. This is to help slow the spread of infection and keep customers and colleagues safe during lockdown.
We are reviewing these arrangements and we will advise customers of any changes to our services on the website and social media.